Sunday, October 9, 2011

Stuck in Goa


Stuck in Goa




We got back from the beach today to find what ? yes we had been robbed, what had they stolen, everything !!! money, passports, luggage, my camera gear even our  F@#%&ng clothes.
Damn are we pissed off or what , what the hell are they going to do with our clothes ?

So off to the police station we go......


Quite the adventure an Indian Police station. After going to the desk and telling an officer what had happened, we were told to wait, an officer will see us soon. After 3 hours we were still sitting there waiting.




Bored waiting






After 4 hours a officer called us over, took us to a room to take our statements we assumed. How wrong we were !!
There were 2 other officers in the room, both in plain clothes.
First of they asked how long have we been here, how did we get here, what are we doing here, how did we pay, why did we have that much cash, what do you do for a living and so on?
Well it was pretty obvious, very quickly what was going on, so Happy only spoke in Chinese, Cici Japanese/Chinese and M in Chinese, leaving only me to answer their questions.
After about another hour and a half, they finally took the robbery report, which took all of 10 minutes. Asking when the CSI will be coming, we got a mumbled "tomorrow probably' and that was it.

By the time we got back to the villa it was daytime, we called the landlord to tell him, as we could not get through to him the previous night.

He said he will come over this afternoon.
Cici and M went to the kitchen to make breakfast, while Happy and I took a inventory of what was stolen and whats left.
I called my Credit card company to report it and cancel my stolen cards, but getting a new one sent to India apparently was not going to happen (at least not any time soon).

Next up , reporting stolen passports to 4 different embassies in India, what a fiasco !!!


So, no passports, no credit cards and I  don't even have a bra to wear, grrrr






Happy consoling a sad me



Taking stock of what we have left was depressing, the cash, phones, my notebook and camera that we had been carrying, the clothes we had been wearing, what was on the washing line and the food in the kitchen, that's it.
Time to plan carefully, going into town we bought food, some awful (cheap) clothes and some girl care stuffs, shampoo, etc ( yes they had even stole our sanitary pads)

Seemingly unfazed by all this Happy and M cooked, cleaned and remained cheerful, I was pissed, Cici was solemn.
The landlord didn't show up neither did the police and I couldn't get to talk to anyone with any explanations.

we ate our dinner, drunk some beer, but from the looks Happy and M shared, I knew we were in trouble. Minority girls are as tough as they come and their eyes told me all I needed to know.

We all slept together that night, a uneasy sleep.

We woke up early, I forced every one to exercise, we attempted meditation, but no ones mind was up to it.
After breakfast I made more calls to no avail, Happy and M went shopping for food, rice, vegetables and some chickens.

Forced Yoga


I spent hours trying to get money wired, but no passport, no western union pick up.
The embassies are about as much help as a lead life jacket.
The landlord finally showed up, looked around and stated as we had only paid for this many days we must move out tomorrow or pay for any extended stay.He had no answer as to the robbers got in or how they opened the safe.
We talked among ourselves and payed him for 5 more days, what else could we do ?



Landlord makes me feel like....yuk


No CSI police again, no return calls.

We cooked dinner, ate and tried to distract ourselves with crappy Indian TV shows. I surfed the net to see what local help there was = none.

So around midnight we went to bed.



My sexy nightie (mosquito protection)






2011

1 comment: